вторник, 14 октября 2008 г.

brazil coffee plantations




Today, Iapos;ve been living in Saigon for exactly one year.

This milestone seems more significant to me than my arrival in Vietnam. Arriving in Hanoi marked my leaving my old life behind, but arriving in Saigon was really when the new life began.

When I think about things back then, first getting to Saigon, those first few months even, and compare it to now, the difference seems so vast. I feel like more has happened this year than any other I can think of... Doing so many things, going so many places, meeting so many people. Watching some of those people leave the country or otherwise fade away, while others, mere acquaintances when we first met, are now much closer friends.

Socially I feel like Iapos;m a completely different person too. The teaching has certainly helped with that, giving my confidence a huge boost and really sorting out my fear of public speaking, but itapos;s been a much more social environment to live in too, which really helps.

And of course, most significantly, now Iapos;m all settled, with a wonderful, wonderful girlfriend and many awesome plans for the future too.

Talking of which, tomorrow the two of us will be in Hong Kong together :)
brazil coffee plantations, brazil coffee port, brazil coffee production, brazil coffee production 2004.



Комментариев нет: